Twilight Series Twilight Fanfiction Challenge

Book-Freak posted on Nov 22, 2012 at 06:36PM
This is the forum for the Twilight fanfiction challenge I'm setting up on www.fanfiction.net.
The challenge officially begins on January 1st 2013, but you can start writing before that as long as you don't post anything before the start date.
You will need an account on fanfiction.net, and feel free to message me if you are having trouble setting up the account/uploading documents/posting documents.
The deadline is June 1st 2013, which gives you a long time to write.
The fanfictions will be judged by the other participants of the challenge, as well as anyone else on fanfiction.net or fanpop.com who wants to vote.
The judging will be in categories - best overall, best original character, most unexpected plot twist, ect. Voting can begin on June 2nd 2013 and will last a month (July 2nd 2013).
Please notify me if you want to join the challenge. I'll note down your usernames on fanfiction.net and fanpop, so I don't forget anyone.
First thing is to vote on what type of story we want to write. For example, we could have a prompt challenge (all using the same prompts), or everyone has to create a new character, or make a minor character have more prominence. We should all do the same thing as it will make the judging fairer.
Thank you for reading all that! Good luck, and may the best writer win!

Twilight Series 2 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago JulietAtHeart1 said…
heart

Well, I "hope" I am in. I will try to use "JulietAtHeart" at the Fan Fiction site, but if not, I'll let you know. Depending on the "Length" of each story, a Month to Read all of them, may not be enough time. I would give a Judging Time Limit until at least August 31, 2013.

What I hope in this venture, that as long as we use the same characters, have the ability to add in other new characters within, for a good reason, and just simply write a unique Plot of our own, should be fair enough. At least I think so.

For Example:

FAN FICTION ENTRY RULES
1. Create a NEW Plot, using ANY or ALL of the Twilight Characters.

2. Introducing "some" New Characters will have to be as needed, in order to tell your story.

3. New "Powers" can be written within the story. Any other changes to a certain "Main" Character will have to be given permission by Book-Freak.

4. Stick with the TWILIGHT "THEME"!

5. Writing Contest starts January 1, 2013, and End on May 31, 2013. (If we find that ALL of the Contestants have finished & uploaded their work WELL BEFORE THE DEADLINE, we will all Vote to see if we should begin the Judging process earlier.

6. The Length of the Plot should NOT EXCEED 100 Pages. ANYTHING TO 100 Pages, will be acceptable. "IF" MORE pages are needed, the Contestant can write to Book-Freak on a Confidential Inbox Message as to why they need more pages to write, without really giving out the story. Book-Freak will determine whether or not to honor the request for more pages than 100.

7. Reading everyone's creative story will take time. The Judging will start June 1, 2013, and end on August 31, 2013. You can Enter your Vote at ANY time within this Period, but Winners will NOT be Announced until early September.

8. Please keep the Stories "Clean"! Which means, No illicit or "detailed" Sex scenes, Profanity to be limited, reasonable, and a specific reason to why Vulgarity in any form is written within the story. It can be used, but on a small scale. "Love Making" can be mentioned, but please, keep the imagination to the reader. Also, NO Racial, Religious, Hate, or Prejudice related plots will be allowed at all.

9. Subject matter should be NEW, Never Used, Original & Unique, but the Writer is in control of the Creativity of their Plot.

10. As long as these Rules are abided by, there should not be a problem. SHOULD a Question OR Problem arise with any Contestant, please make them known to all on THIS FORUM. "Book Freak" will analyze the situation and make the call. However, input from the other Writers are welcomed because what "one" might see as "ok," someone else may prove that it just "might be" a wrong thing to do. That's why input is essential so that, "Book-Freak" can make the ultimate ruling.

*****************************************­***­***­***­***­***­

** Please let me know if I have stated the Rules of the Contest to fit EVERYONE'S expectations and understandings.

*** I will let "Book-Freak" either Agree with these Rules, or Negate them, by altering or adding any Rule she sees fit.

**** IF these Rules ARE A "GO," well then, "HAPPY WRITING!" :D :D

Love,

Juliet

Well, I "hope" I am in. I will try to use "JulietAtHeart" at the Fan Fiction site, but if not, I'll
over a year ago JulietAtHeart1 said…
I will be withdrawing my Entry. Sorry about that.